Sri Sri Global Meditating Doctors Association (Sri Sri GMDA)
Sri Sri Global Meditating Doctors Association (Sri Sri GMDA) is a
voluntary organization of doctors and health professionals working
towards the objective of promoting health and well being of the
community at large.
Sri Sri GMDA is a unique forum representing health professionals from
different paths of medicine.Be it allopathy, ayurveda, homoeopathy,
naturopathy or unani medicine.
Sri Sri GMDA works under the divine guidance of His Holiness Sri Sri
Ravi Shankarji, founder of The Art of Living Foundation.
(http://www.artofliving.org). The Art of Living Foundation is a
not-for-profit, educational and humanitarian organisation offering
stress-elimination programs which include breathing techniques,
meditation and yoga. These programs have helped millions around the
world to overcome stress, depression and violent tendencies.
Sri Sri GMDA looks after the interests of doctors as well as the health and wellness of people at large.
Our activities include :
- Organizing charitable medical camps.
- Promoting world-wide awareness about the health benefits of meditation to the medical fraternity and the general public.
- Formulating research and education strategies on the medical effects of meditation.
- Identifying strategies to promote disease prevention and wellness.
- Associating with persons engaged or interested in the field of meditation and medicine.